Moving a car or larger vehicle
Wherever you’re moving, have you considered moving your vehicle too? Whether it’s your personal vehicle or something a bit larger for business, AGS safely transports thousands of vehicles internationally each year!
In addition to having another familiar piece of home with you, it also makes financial sense: moving your vehicle with you can be cheaper than having to purchase a new model in your destination, and you can even save on the return trip by selling your vehicle there (a popular choice).
As part of a broader household move with AGS or as an isolated consignment, you can rest assured that AGS has selected the most cost-effective and convenient shipping methods for your vehicle. Our skilled and friendly consultants will also support you through each step of this process.
Vehicle Moving Guide: Preparing Your Vehicle
All AGS clients benefit from our over 40 years’ experience! Although we offer all our clients expert guidance to satisfy the export and import procedures for their vehicles, we recommend that you also bear the following list of general vehicle moving tips in mind:
- Make sure that your vehicle’s battery is fully-charged. It will need to retain enough charge for the length of the ocean voyage.
- Have your fuel-tank at the minimum level – below a quarter full – for safety.
- For the same reason, deactivating your vehicle’s alarm system – which could be activated during transportation – will avoid any unnecessary drains on the battery.
- It’s always a good idea to service your vehicle, to ensure that you’ll have a hassle-free operating experience in your destination.
- If your destination has a dramatically different climate, just remember to check with your mechanic whether you have the appropriate coolant or anti-freeze.
- The simple measure of washing your vehicle will make conducting the pre-delivery and collection visual inspections a lot easier – just do this a few days before so that it is dry.
- Remember to remove any valuable items or documents from your vehicle prior to shipping.
- Keep a duplicate set of keys for your vehicle on hand at all stages of your removal: this is not something you want to leave at home!