For every international move AGS plants a tree in Mali, in Indonesia or in Madagascar.
This reforestation initiative is in line with AGS’ social and environmental commitments. The objective is to reduce our carbon footprint which is initiated by our activities.
By choosing AGS for your moves you are acting in favour of the environment by contributing to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Together we can save our planet. So let us unite in an effort to preserve the environment. We acknowledge our role in the environment by ensuring that the impact of our activities is controlled. Find out more about AGS’ environmental initiatives.
Who is Planète Urgence?
Created in 2000, Planète Urgence is an association for international unity in the development and protection of the environment. It coordinates campaigns on five continents through its spheres of activity, namely Environnement et Développement and Congé Solidaire. Its objective is to wrestle against the ruin of the planet and the inequalities of the North and South. Since 2006, Planète Urgence has been running two programmes, via its Environnement et Développement, on reforestation and the reinforcement of agro-silvicultural measures within local communities in Mali and Indonesia; in addition, since 2010, a new program of reforestation has been running in Madagascar:
- Agro-silvicultural development in Mali: Planète Urgence’s global project entailed the planting of 839 957 trees in the Mopti region. The harvesting of fruit, market gardens and fodder production have been put in place to combat desertification and to promote local economic development.
- Restoration of the mangrove swamp in Indonesia: Planète Urgence’s global project consisted of the planting of 2 283 900 trees in the North Sumatra region. The mangrove corridor was reconstructed to act against global warming and to protect biodiversity.
- Reforestation of Tapia forests in Madagascar: 10 000 trees planted in the Itasy region near Antananarivo. Answering the urgent need for tapia tree planting while raising awareness of deforestation, providing economic support for local people.
Back to top
Climatic change is one of the greatest environmental challenges of our time. Every year, nine billion tonnes of carbon dioxide is absorbed by trees, but millions of trees are destroyed annually. For this reason, AGS has chosen to compensate for the impact of its business activities (packing materials and carbon dioxide emissions) on the environment.
For every international removals operation, AGS will plant a tree, and a Tree Certificate will be emailed to every expatriate at the conclusion of his/her move operation.
Back to top
- “It is with great pleasure that I received the certificate of the tree planted on my behalf as the valued customer of AGS Frasers International Removals. We are grateful and value this certificate so much.”
(AGS Movers London)
From UK to Kenya
- “I like this very much. You are shrewd marketers.” (AGS Frasers Yaoundé)
From Cameroon to Jamaica
- “Hi Miss Green Move, It's really nice activity and nice to know, thanks for your mail!”
(AGS Frasers Johannesburg)
From South Africa to Czech Republic
- “Dear Miss Green Move, Thank you very much for your good news! I appreciate the excellent service of AGS and wish the trees will grow in health and keep green.” (AGS Four Winds Manilla)
From Philippines to Laos
- “That is very nice and a brilliant initiative!” (AGS Skopje)
From Macedonia to Austria
- “That is a great initiative. I am happy to be part of it.” (AGS Four Winds Hyderabad)
From India to Israel
- “Dear Miss Green Move, What a wonderful idea. We feel privileged. Thank you so much.”
(AGS Frasers Durban)
From South Africa to United Arab Emirates
- “Hello, this is so nice. Thanks a lot for your professional service and the post-sell marketing efforts.”
From Serbia to Tanzania
- “That is a very brilliant move! Thank you very much!” (AGS Four Winds Manila)
From Philippines to Switzerland
- “Thank you very much for this very good initiative. Also because the removal went very well. Best regards and many thanks to all the personnel of AGS movers here in Madrid and in Seoul.”
(AGS Four Winds Korea)
From Korea to Spain